We've revamped our salon experience to take extra precautions due to COVID-19. Here is what to expect:
- We will be appointment only - you must have an appointment to enter the salon
- Customers should call or text the salon upon arrival and will be asked to wait outside or in their vehicle until their service provider is ready to greet them
- Customers and staff will be required to wear masks while in the salon
- Polishes and retail items may only be handled by LACQUER staff, your service provider will guide you through your color selection
- Customers will be asked to wash their hands prior to any service and hand sanitizer will also be available
- Beverage service will be suspended for the time being
- Cell phone use will not be permitted after hands are washed & during appointment to prevent cross-contamination
- Stations are placed six feet apart and the number of customers in the salon at any given time will be limited to 5 or less
- Customers may not bring anyone with them to their appointment (like guests or children) unless their guest also has an appointment for services
- Staff will wear protective eye wear and continue to practice safe salon protocols, like wearing gloves for every service
- A new disposable sheet will be used over every pedicure chair for every service, along with disposable towels for manicures
- Contactless payment is encouraged, and we will no longer be accepting cash payments (credit cards taken over the phone are stored in our encrypted appointment booking system, meaning no employee has access to your credit card data)
- We will continue with safe salon practices that we've always followed like sterilizing all implements in our medical grade autoclave, using only single-use, disposable files and buffers, wearing gloves for all services, and disinfecting each station after use
- Any customer or staff member experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or recently exposed to those experiencing symptoms, will not be allowed to enter the salon and should reschedule their appointment
- Staff members will be screened for temperature and oxygen levels daily
- Cancellation fees are being temporarily waived at this time, however no show fees still apply. You must contact us to cancel your appointment.
The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation has issued guidance for nail salons and nail salon customers that we are following. You may download a copy of those guidelines here:
City of Austin COVID-19 resources can be found here, including information about free COVID-19 testing.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in contact with anyone experiencing these symptoms, we ask that you stay home and seek out testing and treatment from medical resources available in Austin.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- This list is not all possible symptoms. Other less common symptoms have been reported, including gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.